Trying to get pregnant for a while, but still did not succeed. Wondering what’s wrong? It can be really frustrating and
Just by ditching pills and throwing condoms, one can’t expect to achieve pregnancy immediately. Sometimes it may require painstaking efforts and lots of patience. Let us understand infertility, causes, and its treatment.
Infertility, a disability of the reproductive system, is defined as the inability to achieve a pregnancy after regular unprotected sexual intercourse for 1 year or more. Duration is 6 month if a woman is more than 35 years old. The condition equally affects both men and women. Infertility issues are mostly treatable.
- Nearly 1 in 7 couples face troubles in conceiving or sustaining it until the end
- A couple aged between 29-33 years has only a 20-25% chance of conceiving in any given month
- Infertility affects nearly 15% of world population
- 20-35% infertile cases are due to a combination of factors
- Studies have found that chances of pregnancy after 30 decreases by 5-10%
Facts for males
- 20 million sperm/mL is considered as a healthy sperm count
- 1 in 20 men has some kind of fertility problem
- 1 in 100 men suffers from absolutely no sperm count
- Around 50% infertile males have low sperm count
- In 81% couple facing secondary infertility, varicocele is the primary factor
- Age matters in men as after 40 sperm quality starts declining
- 30% men in age group 40-79 suffer from testosterone deficiency
- 1 in 5 men between 18-25 age group have the low sperm count
Facts for females
- In women, 25% of infertility cases are because of blocked fallopian tubes
- 30-35% infertile women suffer from endometriosis
- PCOS affects nearly 4-18% healthy and fertile, women
Male infertility is a biological condition in which a man is unable to impregnate a woman due to health conditions like erectile dysfunction, poor sperm quality etc. It is a widespread problem and is primarily related to quantity and quality of the sperm.
Various reasons are associated with the problem of infertility. Studies reveal that half of all cases of childlessness are an effect of female circumstances, while the rest are caused by either sperm disorders or faceless factors. According to the one survey.
- About 40% cases of infertility are due to problems in the man
- Other 40% cases of infertility are due to a problem in the woman
- About 10% cases of infertility are due to problems in both, man and woman
- Remaining 10% cases of infertility are due to unknown reasons
From above statistics, it is very clear that men and women are equally responsible for infertility.
Symptoms of Male Infertility
- Changes in hair growth rate
- Low sexual desires
- Pain in testicles, lump or swelling
- Erection and ejaculation issues
- Small, hard, and firm testicles
Risk factors that cause infertility in men
Here is the list of risk factors that are contributing highly to increasing male infertility across the globe.
- Prolonged use of recreational drugs
- Intense and heavy workout
- Anabolic steroid use
- Spinal injuries and surgery of bladder prostate
- Hernia fixing
- Prescription drugs
- Malnutrition and anemia
- Depression, Diabetes, Obesity
- Excessive Stress
- Inadequate Vitamin C and Zinc in the diet.
Couples must consider above-mentioned risk factors before trying to have a baby.
In female various health conditions, including endometriosis, PCOS, irregular menstruation, and obesity cause infertility issues. Sometimes the reason remains unknown. Both male and female is healthy but still unable to conceive.
Risk Factors that Cause Infertility in Females
Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are powerless to visualize and account for 30% of women’s childlessness. The causes of female infertility are as follows:
- Hormonal Problems
- Poor Nutrition
- Scarred Ovaries
- Premature Menopause
- Follicle Problems
- Abdominal Diseases
- Previous Surgeries
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Congenital Defects
- Behavioral Factors
These are major factors that cause infertility in women. If a couple aiming to start their own family encounter any of the above-mentioned problems must seek the help of a doctor.
Aziz Herbal is one such organization which offers natural products that can effectively help in enhancing fertility in men as well as women. Men can opt for ferti-tone to easily overcome sperm count and motility issues.